Dermatology

Dermatology questions? Ask an online dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

Every month for the last 2 years I get these raised itchy…

Customer Question
Ok every month for...

Ok every month for the last 2 years I get these raised itchy white bumps on different areas of my buttocks can you give me some insight

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this? Does anything in particular seem to make the itch better or worse?

2 years. Rubbing alcohol helps

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Dermatology
12/10/2017
Dermatologist: Dr. Chip, General pratice replied 7 months ago
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, General pratice

Hello. I'm Dr Chip
Thanks for your question and I'm reviewing it.
I'll be back in a moment with and answer or a request for more information

Can you give me a fuller description of these please?

It started in 2015. Once sometimes twice a month I gets spots of raised white itchy bumps in random spots. They tend to stay for 8 days with me applying rubbing alcohol daily

Got that--thanks

Those look like molluscum contagiousa and they're caused by a virus like the one that causes warts on the fingers

They do tend to come and go on their own

I suggest you try over the counter Retinol cream for them and once they've cleared you should wash that area with Hibiclens three times a week

Please let me know if you need any more information