Dermatology

Dermatology questions? Ask an online dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

I have puss bumps on the opening of my vagina with itching,

Customer Question
I have white puss...

I have white puss bumps on the opening of my vagina with itching, what could that be?

Doctor's Assistant: Can you tell me about all the symptoms you've noticed (e.g. itching, rash, new birthmarks or moles)?

It started as a rash on the outside after my period and then I noticed today the itching on the inside.... I so happened to look in my vagina and I seen the bumps..

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Dermatology
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/8/2017
Dermatologist: Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor replied 7 months ago
Dr. Muneeb Ali

Welcome to JA and thanks for this question. I'm sorry to hear about your symptoms. I just came online to see that you have been waiting for some time so ill quickly answer this question for you. Actually, from what you are describing it sounds like that you may have developed a small bacterial infection of the hair follicles in the area, this would lead to the development of small white pus-filled bumps in the area. This is known as folliculitis and in most cases applying topical OTC, antibiotics would be effective in getting rid of the infection however sometimes you would also need oral antibiotics to completely eliminate the infection. The initial rash could also be associated with this problem. Usually using OTC Neosporin on the skin outside the area would be effective however if the lesions are inside the vagina or on the opening of the vagina then you should have this evaluated by your doctor and get treated with oral antibiotics.

If you have a picture of the area, I would be happy to review it and see if this is folliculitis or something else. In the meantime do start using OTC anti-inflammatory medications like ibuprofen at a dose of 400 mg thrice daily along with OTC anti histamines like Claritin or Zyrtec.

Do you have any more questions?

Please leave a POSITIVE rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do I am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating. You can also ask questions from me directly by going to the link below,

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-muneeb-ali/

Would you like to know anything else? Any clarifications or additional questions that you might have, i would be happy to answer them for you. If done for now, please remember to leave a positive rating as that is the only way we are compensated for our time spent helping you. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the rating.