Dermatology

Dermatology questions? Ask an online dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

Well I have a small hard lump near my anus, it does not look…

Customer Question
Hi! well I have...

Hi! well I have a small hard lump near my anus, it does not look irritated only hurts it I try to squeeze it

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the lump? Is it hard or soft?

It is hard about a week

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I do have unprotected sex with my partner, I just started using nueva ring about 2 months now

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Dermatology
12/7/2017
Dermatologist: DermDoc, Doctor replied 7 months ago
DermDoc
DermDoc, Doctor

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you. I am a board-certified consultant with over 30 years of experience. I’m reviewing your question and reply you soon.

Please provide more information regarding your question so I can help you in detail.

Associated blood in stools?

Hard stools?

Is it red, purple in color?

Pain during a bowel movement?

History of anal sex?

Itching?

Waiting for your response.
Thanks

no, no, looks like a may have a bit of a white head, no, no and it does not itch the lump seems to be hard underneath the skin

Thanks for all these additional information.

I understand your concern.

Well as you describe, possible it can be a sebaceous cyst or perianal cyst.

Now I would recommend some self-care measures like
Do warm water sitz bath with betadine solution twice a day for 5-10 minutes.
And afterward, apply OTC 1% hydrocortisone cream mixed with bacitracin ointment twice a day.

Clean the area with DIAL soap and use OTC Abzorb powder afterward.
You should avoid frequent washing.
And keep the area dry and clean.
Wear loose-fitting cotton clothes to prevent friction.
Take OTC Motrin and Claritin for few days.

Let me know if you have any further query so we can discuss it thoroughly in every aspect.

Please use the REPLY/SEND BUTTON to reply back to me. It’s requested to avoid poor/bad rating.

Please provide a positive rating by clicking on 5 stars.

It’s my pleasure to continue this conversation until you satisfy.

Waiting for your response.

Thanks.

It’s my privilege to help you if you have any further query regarding your this health issue.
May I help you further?
Waiting for your response.