Dermatology

Dermatology questions? Ask an online dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

I am in costa Rica. I have a rash that started Monday (now…

Customer Question
I am in costa...

I am in costa Rica. I have a rash that started Monday (now Wednesday night) it was just red, didn't seem raised and didn't itch. Now today, I think but am not entirely sure after I sprayed bug spray on my legs blisters began to form. Now it looks absolutely terrible and I am freaking out being in a foreign country. Can you help me.

Doctor's Assistant: What seems to make the symptoms worse or better? Have you noticed any swelling?

No

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No I don't think so

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Dermatology
I have noticed a little swelling next to the one with the biggest blister.
12/7/2017
Dermatologist: Dr. Pravin, Dermatologist replied 7 months ago
Dr. Pravin
Dr. Pravin, Dermatologist

Hello

Welcome and Thank you for your query posted.

My name is***** and being a Skin, Hair and Nail specialist I would be able to provide you with an appropriate solution to your concern.

Please note that my Goal is to provide you with an Excellent Service .

Before I answer your question I would like to get some more information:

Could you send me a photo of the condition at your convenience?

You can upload the photo on www.photobucket.com and send me the link

Other method of uploading photo or a file is:

1.Click the paperclip icon

2.Click the Browse icon

3.Click the Browse button

4.Select your file and click Open

5.Click OK

6.Click Insert

7.Click Save Changes on this page

Please note that the answer provided is for information purpose only and does not substitute a Doctor - Patient Consultation in Clinic

http://s345.photobucket.com/user/Amanda_Chittister/media/20171206_221528_zpsspnve63o.jpg.html

This seems to be an allergic reaction.

You would need to take an anti itching medication called Claritine ( Cetrizine / Loratidine ) once daily at night for 10 days.

You can apply a 1 % hydrocortisone cream on the area twice a day for 10 days.

You can clean the area with Cetaphil cleansing lotion twice a day .

Please do let me know if you have any further queries.

Regards

Dr Pravin

Can I still go in the swimming pool?

Avoid swimming pool use as it may contain chlorine and dry out the area more causing it to spread.

Please avoid for a period of 2 days .

Regards

Dr Pravin