Dermatology

Dermatology questions? Ask an online dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

Lump in groin area

Customer Question
Lump in groin area
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Dermatology
12/6/2017
Dermatologist: Dr. Pravin, Dermatologist replied 4 months ago
Dr. Pravin
Dr. Pravin, Dermatologist

Hello

Welcome and Thank you for your query posted.

My name is***** and being a Skin, Hair and Nail specialist I would be able to provide you with an appropriate solution to your concern.

Please note that my Goal is to provide you with an Excellent Service .

Before I answer your question I would like to get some more information:

Could you send me a photo of the condition at your convenience?

You can upload the photo on www.photobucket.com and send me the link

Other method of uploading photo or a file is:

1.Click the paperclip icon

2.Click the Browse icon

3.Click the Browse button

4.Select your file and click Open

5.Click OK

6.Click Insert

7.Click Save Changes on this page

Please note that the answer provided is for information purpose only and does not substitute a Doctor - Patient Consultation in Clinic

It’s not noticeable to camera you can only feel it to touch but I am also having other symptoms in conjunction to the lump like burning when peeing, itching, lots of milky discharge, and a little tear in the vagina( I believe was self inflicted) helppp

Thank you very much

DO you have history of sexual contact or STD ?

Do you have lymph nodes on both the sides?

Is the lump painful or causing the skin above to become red

Is the lump single multiple soft or stone hard?

NO history of std.
it’s just on the left side.
Not painful or red.
It isn’t stone hard, but it isn’t exactly soft either.

Since you have other symptoms like burning when peeing , itching , lots of milky discharge and a little tear in the vagina , you seem to have got a connected inflammation of the lymph node that is causing the lump in the groin. These swellings are neither hard nor soft. Hard lumps indicate malignancy soft lumps indicate lipomas or fatty tissues.

Rubbery lumps indicate acute or chronic inflammation like what you have got of the vaginal area.

I would suggest you to treat the primary vaginal infection with the intake of fluconazole anti fungal medication for 15 days.

You should apply clean the area of the vagina with Sebamed Intimate feminine wash.

You should also take a oral crocin to reduce the inflammation around this lump that you mention,.

In case the lump does not go down in size or reduce in 3 weeks you would need to investigate it .

Please do let me know if you have any further queries.

Regards

Dr Pravin

as of right now you don’t think it to be a std? It sti? possibly Herpes? because when I googled my symptoms that’s what I was getting

No , this does not sound like an STD.

You dont have herpes either as herpes presents as multiple erosions with blisters and they are very painful.

This sounds like a fungal infection that has become a little aggravated and causing the lymph nodes to swell up.

You should treat it as above and the problem would go away.

regards

Dr Pravin

Dr. Pravin
Dr. Pravin
Dr. Pravin, Dermatologist