Dermatology

Dermatology questions? Ask an online dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

Oct 13: a guy gave me oral and we shared a kiss. Oct 14: I…

Customer Question
Oct 13: a guy gave...
Oct 13: a guy gave me oral and we shared a kiss.Oct 14: I had discharge/uncomfortable to pee/ odorOct 16: small fever that lasted 2 weeks.I've been tested for everything(gonorrhea, chlamydia, trich, UTI, syphilis, herpes 1&2 IGG) on Nov 14( 32 days) Nov 20: I was touching my penis to see if I saw anything unusual..moments later I peeled the dead skin on the corner of my lip with my unwashed hand. Moments later I began to feel a stinging pain in the corner of my lip. Nov 21: I woke up and my lips were dry, so I began to lick them. I noticed that my lips were on fire!Nov 24: I spoke to a doctor and he told me not to worry.( that HSV 1 cant show symptoms within hours.)Nov 28: I notice white dots on the corner of my mouth( Maybe they been there since Oct 14.) I spoke to a different doctor whole took a look at the dots and informed me that they weren't HSV 1 She told me I had Angular Cheilitis( due to braces) DEC 2: I still have the dots and my lips sometimes burn! I've been using lip balm, which helps, but still.should I speak to a different doctor? I need to find out what this is! I found a similar case to mine, but even he couldn't figure out!
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Dermatology
12/6/2017
Dermatologist: DocPhilMD, Doctor replied 6 months ago
DocPhilMD
DocPhilMD, Doctor

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

those are totally normal

nothing to worry about

Did you read all my details?

Yes I did

it is angular cheilitis

it is totally normal

Dermatologist: Dr. David, Board Certified Physician replied 6 months ago
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

This is Dr. David

I think I helped you before on this question.

Dermatologist: Dr. D. Love, Doctor replied 6 months ago
Dr. D. Love, Doctor

Hello. This is Dr. Love. The system says that you have requested a different expert.

I agree that the image appears to be angular cheilitis, which is really more of a descriptive term that means that there is some irritation/inflammation at the corner of the lips. There are many possible underlying causes, including irritation from braces or other dental work.

However, it is also true that a physical examination performed at the bedside by a doctor is more accurate than a review of a picture. And you say that the one doctor that has examined this also felt that this was angular cheilitis.

If you do not feel comfortable with that diagnosis, then it would be OK to seek a second opinion.

How long do these dots last? It's been 3 weeks now? Do herpes last 3 weeks?

It depends upon the underlying cause. When it is due to braces or dental work, it may be a chronic problem.

Herpes does not last 3 weeks.

What about this?

This also does not look like herpes.

Please provide a positive rating so that I am credited for assisting you.