Dermatology

Dermatology questions? Ask an online dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

Can a rash on the back of my neck indicate a thyroid

Customer Question
Can a rash on...

Can a rash on the back of my neck indicate a thyroid problem?

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this issue? Are you experiencing any numbness or tingling?

For about six weeks, yes some tingling in my left arm like it's half asleep

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I was taking raw thyroid for several months but then stopped the rash appeared about 2 weeks later

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Dermatology
12/5/2017
Dermatologist: Dr. David, Board Certified Physician replied 4 months ago
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

usually a rash on the neck isn't a sign of a thyroid problem

can you upload a clear photo of your neck and rash on your skin?

do you see the "add file" link?

dermdoc19
dermdoc19
dermdoc19, Dermatologist