Dermatology

Dermatology questions? Ask an online dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

I see bumps on the corner of my lip

Customer Question
I see bumps on the corner of my lip
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Dermatology
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/5/2017
Dermatologist: DermDoc, Doctor replied 4 months ago
DermDoc
DermDoc, Doctor

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you. I am a board-certified consultant with over 30 years of experience. I’m reviewing your question and reply you soon.

Please provide more information regarding your question so I can help you in detail.

Are they itchy, painful?

Since how long have you been suffering from?

Fever, sore throat?

Waiting for your response.
Thanks

On oct 13 This guy gave me oral and we shared a kiss. The next day I had discharge follow by a fever that last two weeks! I just notice these white dots on the corner of my lip 2 weeks ago. They been like that for almost two weeks now! Maybe even longer. They don't itch nor tingle, but my lips did burn for almost a week.

Thanks for all these additional information.

I understand your concern.

I have reviewed your picture.

Well as you describe, it sounds Fordyce spots on the lip.

And chances of Herpes are less if these lesions are not painful and fluid filled.

Try Lip balms with at least 1 percent lemon balm.
Drinking lemon tea and using lemon tea compresses and cool water compresses.
Aloe vera gel can soothe inflamed sores while providing crucial moisture.

Avoid hot, spicy, fried food.

Take OTC Motrin and Claritin for few days.

Start a multivitamin supplement and vitamin C lozenges.

If your symptoms'll persist then see your doctor for further evaluation and management.

You should hydrate yourself with plenty of fluids.

If your symptoms

Let me know if you have any further query so we can discuss it thoroughly in every aspect.

Please use the REPLY/SEND BUTTON to reply back to me. It’s requested to avoid poor/bad rating.

Please provide a positive rating by clicking on 5 stars.

It’s my pleasure to continue this conversation until you satisfy.

Waiting for your response.

Thanks.

I tested negative for herpes at 4 weeks and a half after sex...
Dermatologist: Dr. David, Board Certified Physician replied 4 months ago
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

This is Dr. David

that is not herpes.

that looks like fordyce spots on the lips.

Thank you for the reply, but I feel like I never seen them before. I went online and this person had a similar case to mine.

that is not herpes.

that is either angular cheilitis or fordyce spots on the lips.

Let me know if you have other questions.
If done for now, please leave Positive Rating of 5 stars so I can get credit for helping you today.
We only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback. (You may have to scroll up or down to see the ratings area)
You can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions.
Here is my website if you need to reach me:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/
Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

Well I tested negative for herpes at 4 weeks. My doctor also told me that this was angular cheilites. When will dots go away?
Well I was tested negative for herpes a month after sex. My doctor also told me this was angular cheilites. When will the dots go away?

you have to improve your immune system to help heal up from this

eating more fruits and vegetables, drinking more water, getting regular exercise and sleeping regularly will all help your immune system.

everyone heals at their own rate.

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

They look like they are filled, but they don't hurt.
Hello?

that is what angular chelitis is on the corners of the lip

they are not herpes

you are not asking questions.

you just keep coming back with these comments

and you keep starting questions asking other experts online here

and all the experts say this is angular cheliites

and your doctor says this as well

but it seems you don't seem to believe any of them

Sorry, it's just weird how I got them during the time I had sex with this guy.

do you have any other questions?

If I start drinking water and eating healthy when will they go away? Days, weeks,?
have you seen similar cases?

you are not eating healthy now?

yes, I have seen similar cases.

It's just that I'm a college student and I been depressed about this, so no.

the worse you eat, you will not improve your immune system and you will continue to be depressed.

and you will gain weight if you are not eating healthy and this will cause you to be more depressed.

Dr. David, Board Certified Physician