Dermatology

Dermatology questions? Ask an online dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

Explain lentigo maligna how to remove the melanoma and after…

Customer Question
Please explain lentigo maligna...

Please explain lentigo maligna how to remove the melanoma and after treatment

Doctor's Assistant: Can you tell me about all the symptoms you've noticed (e.g. itching, rash, new birthmarks or moles)?

I dint understand exactly how serious it is i have had it removed and still have stiches to come out soon is there after treatment needed?

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Dermatology
12/4/2017
Dermatologist: Dr. David, Board Certified Physician replied 8 months ago
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

Lentigo maligna is an early form of melanoma in which the malignant cells are confined to the tissue of origin, the epidermis, hence it is often reported as 'in situ' melanoma

surgery with a wide excision surgery is the best way to remove the lentigo melanoma from the body.

a dermatology doctor can do this surgery

have you seen a dermatologist yet?

I explained that.
It has been removed. Still have stitches. Do I need after care treatment such as radiation