Dermatology

Dermatology questions? Ask an online dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

I have a lot of heads lately on my face and forehead and…

Customer Question
I have a lot...

I have a lot of white heads lately on my face and forehead and chin...i'm not sure what to use to get rid of them...usually they only come up on my nose...

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this issue? Any other skin concerns?

The nose area has been all my life since i wan in high school...but the face, chin and forehead just recent...about 3 weeks to a month

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I don't think so

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Dermatology
i have oily face too
12/4/2017
Dermatologist: vakularen, Doctor (other than dermatologist) replied 6 months ago
vakularen
vakularen, Doctor (other than dermatologist)

Hello,I am Dr. Aren and I will help with your query.How old are you?Have you discussed this problem with your PCP/doctor?Are you on any medication currently?Are other pimples on chest/back or any other area?What are your exercise levels?Can you attach a photograph of the white heads on the face please?Thank you.

i am 37 years old. my doctor gave me this peeling lotion, it has no brand on it...other than that i am not on any medication...there are no pimples on my chest and back area...my exercise is moderate...

Thank you for posting the photograph.THis is adult acne,which is going to be tougher to treat than teenage acne.Ideally,you need the help of a Dermatologist to get rid of this,but an experienced Physician should be able to help you with this.You need to avoid all perfumed/medicated soaps,use a neutral facewash/soap to wash your face twice a day.Avoid cosmetics for some time unless essential.You will need to check all your hair products for labels which read-oil free/non-acnegenic/noncomedogenic.Cutting down on stress,regular exercise,eating healthy and avoiding tobacco/cola drinks/excess of coffee or tea/oily and spicy foods/fatty foods will help.You need to talk to your Gynaecologist to rule out PolyCystic Ovarian SYndrome and high testesterone levels.She can guide you regarding this.Use of Fucidin/Mucopurin ointment in the nostrils 3-4 times daily for 5-7 days along with antibiotics to eradicate any Staphylococci bacteria residing in the nares will help.Frequent hand washing,eating healthy with lots of salads and fruits,avoiding touching your face,use of Benzoyl Hydroxide and Adaplene gel as advised by your doctor will also help.It may take some time and hard work ,but getting rid of this will be worthwhile.