Dermatology

Dermatology questions? Ask an online dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

Curious about these spots that are all over the top of one…

Customer Question
Curious about these brown...

Curious about these brown spots that are all over the top of one foot. also have swelling issues every day if Im not wearing closed in shoes.

Doctor's Assistant: Any recent injuries? How long have you been dealing with the swelling?

No injuries, the swelling has been for the past year. Id be at work time to go home and they were swollen up. No pain, but these brown spots I thought at first were freckles...but only one foot?

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I do have severe degenerative scoliosis, had a spinal fusion done in 2009, and this year my right sacrum joint fused. I take pain meds every day of my life. My spine has a 9 1/2" titanium rod in it. Also have high blood pressure.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Dermatology
12/1/2017
Dermatologist: Dr. David, Board Certified Physician replied 4 months ago
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

can you upload a clear photo of the top of your foot?

how old are you?

No I don,t know how to do that with my kindle. They are flat (not raised at all, just look like huge freckles, appeared one day) about to turn 59.

they sound like age spots, liver spots, or melanosis of the skin possibly

No, I will just talk to my Dr. I have an appt. tomorrow. Didn't realize this was going to cost me. So take the 50 and please , I don't want to join and pay monthly. I haven't worked in over a year....can't afford this.
dermdoc19
dermdoc19
dermdoc19, Dermatologist