Dermatology

Dermatology questions? Ask an online dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

I got prickly pear needles in my hand while weeding. I

Customer Question
I got prickly pear...

I got prickly pear needles in my hand while weeding. I believe I got the needles out but the needles have little barbes on them so it's been a problem getting them all out. I believe a this point I have an infection and I not sure how to proceed. Can you help me?

Doctor's Assistant: What seems to make the symptoms worse or better? In general, how would you describe your health lately?

Antibiotic cream with lidocaine, but even that is not helping much any more.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I'm on Tramadol for lower back pain. Even that is not helping much.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Dermatology
11/30/2017
Dermatologist: Dr. Mo, Board Certified MD replied 7 months ago
Dr. Mo
Dr. Mo, Board Certified MD
Do you have an image of the affected skin that you could upload? Depending on the extent of the infection I can make some recommendations.