Dermatology

Dermatology questions? Ask an online dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

I have a lot of little pus filled bumps on my whole groin…

Customer Question
I have a lot...

I have a lot of little pus filled bumps on my whole groin area and all over my butt crack all the way to my rectum they drip pus now it's more they smell bad what is it.

Doctor's Assistant: Can you tell me about all the symptoms you've noticed (e.g. itching, rash, new birthmarks or moles)?

Itching really bad.now they are on my private.i look and see it's really wet with smelly pus.i can't sit down

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No but I have been using meth with some girls I am scared

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Dermatology
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/30/2017
Dermatologist: Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor replied 7 months ago
Dr. Muneeb Ali

Welcome to JA and thanks for this question. I'm sorry to hear about your symptoms. Can you attach a picture of the bumps here which will give me a better idea? Also how long have you had these?

Maybe two weeks
At first it was because just tiny little hair bumps I would burst it.then I noticed it was always moist all down there then people started talking about how bad I smell.i put powder down there but later I be better moist with pus.and I notice more

Do you have a picture?

I'm trying to send it

Thanks for the additional information and pictures, let me just write down an answer for you and ill get back to you in a few mins. If you get a phone call request, that is an automated site response. I DID NOT send it. Thanks!

Will this ever stop.

Actually, this looks like one of two things. The first thing which comes to mind is that you have developed a severe bacterial infection of the hair follicles in the area. This is known as folliculitis. This would be treated with drainage of the pus and then you would be started on antibiotics for a period of 7-14 days. If this is folliculitis then this will stop after the proper treatment. A blood culture and culture of the pus would also be required here.

The other possibility is that of hidradenitis suppurativa. This is a condition in which the glands under the skin become infected repeatedly and cause these sort of pus-like areas to form. This would lead to repeated episodes of this problem occurring in the groin region, the buttocks, the armpits. Now, this is diagnosed with the help of a simple clinical examination and an ultrasound as well. Once diagnosed it would be treated with antibiotics for a period of 2-3 weeks along with surgery to remove the glands altogether. This would cause the problem to subside for a few years before it may recur again. However, in many cases, surgery would cause it to disappear completely. Another form of treatment can be with lasers as well as other dermatological treatments.

As far as your question about it stopping is concerned, YES it will depending on the treatment that you get and the actual diagnosis. That is why I would strongly suggest that you have this evaluated as soon as possible.

Do you have any more questions?

Please leave a POSITIVE rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do I am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating. You can also ask questions from me directly by going to the link below,

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-muneeb-ali/

Would you like to know anything else? Any clarifications or additional questions that you might have, i would be happy to answer them for you. If done for now, please remember to leave a positive rating as that is the only way we are compensated for our time spent helping you. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the rating.