Dermatology

Dermatology questions? Ask an online dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

Just below my right eye have appeared 3 very small spots…

Customer Question
Just below my right...

Just below my right eye have appeared 3 very small spots that are raised minutely (not so easy to see but I can feel them if I run my finger over them.) Two dermatologists have checked them: the first doctor planned to operate w/o doing a biopsy, the second doctor said I should have a face peel. I chose to follow neither doctor's advice. Im concerned that it's something but don't want to let a doctor who seems either incompetent and arrogant or who wants to peel my skin. Im 80 years old and concerned. Thanks.

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with the skin issue? Have you noticed any major changes in your overall skin or nails recently?

No changes on my skin or nails except the spots that seem to have popped up overnight a month ago.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I lived in the sun for years as a young woman, lots of tanning. I have a brownish tinge to the skin at the edge of my right eye that I asked a doc about, he said he would remove it in an operation. I declined.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Dermatology
11/27/2017
Dermatologist: Dr. Chip, General pratice replied 4 months ago
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, General pratice

Hello. I'm Dr Chip
Thanks for your question and I'm reviewing it.
I'll be back in a moment with and answer or a request for more information

Could you please post a photo for me on this page?

no. I haveno way to do that.
Please tell me your thoughts on my concerns. Thanks.

The skin itself appears normal?

what about the small spots?
Is that it?

I'm just asking if the skin over the small spots appears normal

dermdoc19
dermdoc19
dermdoc19, Dermatologist