Dermatology

Dermatology questions? Ask an online dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

I have had for years an itchy scrotum and ;t know why. For…

Customer Question
I have had for...

I have had for years an itchy scrotum and don;t know why.

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this? Does anything in particular seem to make the itch better or worse?

For many years, very hot water stops it for a time no special reason I see for the problem.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I have perferal neropathy, high blood pressure, I'm 75 years old.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Dermatology
11/27/2017
Dermatologist: Dr Stan, Doctor replied 7 months ago
Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor

Hello, this is Dr. Stan, thank you for your question. I am U.S. trained,

Board Certified and I have 30 years of patient experience and I am here to help you today.

I'm sorry you have testicular itching. The most common cause is a mild chronic fungal infection. May I suggest you purchase over the counter Tinactin and 1% Hydrocortisone Cream. Apply both twice daily gently rubbing into your skin. You will need to do this for 7-10 days. Also, wear 100% cotton underwear. Any synthetic fiber such as polyester or nylon will increase perspiration and help a fungus to grow. Your neuropathy and high blood pressure do not cause the itch.

Thank you for allowing me to provide assistance.

I am available to answer any additional questions you may have.

I hope your medical problem(s) are resolved soon and you feel better. I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you and that I have earned my 5 star rating today.

Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you.

Additional thought. If this were due to your peripheral neuropathy, it would be continuous, not intermittent.