Dermatology

Dermatology questions? Ask an online dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

My dad is 89 and is waiting to have the VA get him an

Customer Question
My dad is 89...

My dad is 89 and is waiting to have the VA get him an appointment with a local dermatologist. It has been one week and the scaping around his eye is getting worse, causing him pain and impairs his vision. What can we do now to help my dad?

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

About one week. Blinking and touching the area that has a scab causes pain

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Can I send you a photo of his eyes?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Dermatology
11/27/2017
Dermatologist: Dr Stan, Doctor replied 7 months ago
Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor

Hello, this is Dr. Stan, thank you for your question. I am U.S. trained,

Board Certified and I have 30 years of patient experience and I am here to help you today.

I'm sorry for my delayed response.

Yes, please attach pictures.