Dermatology

Dermatology questions? Ask an online dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

I’d been experiencing a strange sensation on a certain area…

Customer Question
I’d been experiencing a strange...
I’d been experiencing a strange sensation on a certain area of my labia majora— it felt as if some of my pubic hair was being pulled or matted down. I felt around and found a particular hair that was extremely thick and rough so I pulled it out (it was painful and bled a little at the time). Now I have a small purple-ish round spot, about the size of a pin head, in that same area and the sensation has increased. I can’t get in to see my doc for a week and I’m a little freaked out. Could this be cancer??
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Dermatology
Hello??
11/26/2017
Dermatologist: DrK99, Doctor (other than dermatologist) replied 8 months ago
DrK99
DrK99, Doctor (other than dermatologist)
Hello and welcome to Just Answer. I looking forward to assisting you with your question and providing excellent service. It sounds like you have symptoms of an ingrown hair. Its impossible to know if you have cancer from a question and answer site. I can tell you that symptoms of vulvar cancer are a sore that grows and never heals. Not at all wheat you are describing
But would an ingrown hair come with strange sensations? It almost feels like a numbness, but it can feel irritated/“hurt” when I touch to area too much. It actually looks more like a blood blister than an ingrown hair.
The ingrown hair likely caused a blood blister. Numbness and irritation iscommon with both
should I try to dig it out with tweezers?
No. That will cause infection
any suggestions?
You should leave it alone. Use hot compresses. It will resolve on its own