Dermatology

Dermatology Questions? Ask an Online Dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

Dermatology

I have bumps around my gentital area and I am a little

unsure about the way to...
I have bumps around my gentital area and I am a little unsure about the way to figure out if it is razor bumps or something else! The bumps are not red,nor is there any thing coming out of them either!
JA: How long have you been dealing with this? Does anything in particular seem to make the bumps better or worse?
Customer: I have been putting hydrogen peroxide onn them and it seems to ease the irritation for a long time
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I had a pap smear done in February of this year and no serious sexual diseases were found and I have no medical history of STDs at all!
11/25/2017
DermDoc
DermDoc, Doctor

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you. I am a board-certified consultant with over 30 years of experience. I’m reviewing your question and reply you soon.

Please provide more information regarding your question so I can help you in detail.

History of unprotected sex?

History of shaving/waxing?

Please upload a picture to review.

Are you taking any medications?

Waiting for your response.
Thanks

Customer reply replied 18 days ago
I have been married twice! One for 4 years and the other for over 10 years! No condoms because I was married! The bumps are not painful, just irritating! No medication as of yet! Been mostly self doctoring!

Please upload a picture to review if possible.

Waiting for your response.
Thanks

Customer reply replied 18 days ago
Can't afford the $50 dollars, not quite comfortable with sending a picture!

It' OK.

No need for extra charges of $ 50 for the phone call.

I didn't send you any request.

It was automatic service for providing additional service.

Thanks for all these additional information.

I understand your concern.

Well as you describe, chances of STD or anything serious infection is very less likely.

Most likely these are either razor bumps or folliculitis/Sebaceous cyst.

Now I would recommend some self-care measures like
Do warm water sitz bath with betadine solution twice a day for 5-10 minutes.
And afterward, apply OTC 1% hydrocortisone cream mixed with bacitracin ointment twice a day.

Clean the area with DIAL soap and use OTC Abzorb powder afterward.
You should avoid frequent washing.
And keep the area dry and clean.
Wear loose-fitting cotton clothes to prevent friction.
Take OTC Motrin and Claritin for few days.
RepHresh Pro-B probiotic supplement that balances yeast and bacteria to maintain feminine health with just one capsule per day.

Let me know if you have any further query so we can discuss it thoroughly in every aspect.

Please use the REPLY/SEND BUTTON to reply back to me. It's requested to avoid poor/bad rating.

Please provide a positive rating by clicking on 5 stars.

It’s my pleasure to continue this conversation until you satisfy.

Waiting for your response.

Thanks.

Customer reply replied 18 days ago
Thank you so very much,because I was about on the verge of tears at this moment, but talking with you has eased my fears tremendously and I will do all that you have prescribed and will definitely keep in touch with you! Thank you!

I wish for your good health.
Please do not forget to leave positive rating by clicking 5 stars if you are satisfied with our conversation. A bonus is highly appreciated.
We can continue our conversation even after you provide a rating.

Kind Regards
Dr.Anil

DermDoc
DermDoc, Doctor
Customer reply replied 18 days ago
What about douching! Should I put that off for a week or a few days?

You should avoid it for a week.

Hope this helps.

DermDoc
DermDoc
DermDoc, Doctor