Dermatology

Dermatology questions? Ask an online dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

I can not get rid of this rash in the corners of my nose,

Customer Question
I can not get...

I can not get rid of this rash in the corners of my nose, around my mouth and now in my eyebrows it is red, tiny blisters that is dry itchy and sometimes painful I have seen a dr twice firstvtine she gave me a steroid cream like Vaseline then the second time after it worsened she gave my a topical antibiotic and now it's spreading into my eyebrows

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this? Does anything in particular seem to make the itch better or worse?

I have some relief after the quick burn of the antibiotic cream but then I have noticed it is growing and I have had it for months comes and goes and even starts out like ring warm near my upper lip

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I have had the chicken pox twice, and have been vaccinated for the chicken pox I am 44 had a hysterectomy 2 1/2 year ago and work at a daycare that has hand foot mouth.... but the dr said it was not that

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Dermatology
Hello
11/24/2017
Dermatologist: drn.iqtidar, Doctor (other than dermatologist) replied 4 months ago
drn.iqtidar
drn.iqtidar, Doctor (other than dermatologist)

Hi I am dr.Iqtidar an expert on just answer.com. I am sorry your suffering from this rash and understand it must be stressful. Its not chicken pox. I don't think its herpes. You clearly have dermatitis which seems resistant to whichever antibiotic that was prescribed. The best solution would be if swabs were taken to find out exactly what this bug is and which antibiotic its sensitive too. steroids can worsen this dermatitis which I suspect is perioral dermatitis that can sometimes appear around eyes. depending on whatever antibiotic you used or were given, I think if metronidazole or erythromycin hasn't worked doxycycline might be worth trying. I would contact my doctor for this and demand these things are done. antibiotics and swabs. oral contraceptives can sometimes worsen it too.

secondly I would advise that you avoid harsh creams, scrubs or anything applied on face that can worsen the rash. use mild soaps. Main things that would help are trying another antibiotic called doxycycline and swabs.

I would advise you post some pictures in the reply.

Regards, ***** *****

dermdoc19
dermdoc19
dermdoc19, Dermatologist