Dermatology

Dermatology questions? Ask an online dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

I have a small black strange spot on thigh. It's almost like…

Hi, I have a small...
Hi, I have a small black strange spot on thigh. It's almost like something is stuck in there. I'm hoping it's not melanoma. I have a picture of it
11/22/2017
DermDoc
DermDoc, Doctor

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you. I am a board certified consultant with over 30 years of experience.I’m reviewing your question and reply you soon.

Please provide more information regarding your question so I can help you in detail.

Since how long have you been suffering from?

Associated itching,pain,tenderness around it?

Have you popped it?

Excessive sweating?

Was it red initially?

Waiting for your response.
Thanks

I've had it for about a year, pretty much hasn't changed. Didn't give it much thought til my fiancé noticed and said that looks funny and said I need to get it checked. He tried to squeeze it and nothing happened except it got red and today it's dryish on top. I've had night sweats for the last 3 nights.
Doesn't hurt or itch.

Thanks for all these additional information.

I understand your concern.

I have reviewed your picture and I really want to assure you in first place that it's not a case of Melanoma in any way.

You shouldn't worry at all.

It's a benign mole and as he squeezed it so it get irritated and now it's dry due to irritation.

Now you should apply OTC 1% hydrocortisone cream mixed with Bacitracin ointment on it once a day for a week.

Avoid scratching,touching,squeezing.

If it's getting bigger,painful,itchy,discolored,irregular shape,texture,borders then it should be evaluated.

Otherwise it's benign( non cancerous).

Let me know if you have any further query so we can discuss it thoroughly in every aspect.

Please use the REPLY/SEND BUTTON to reply back to me. It’s request to avoid poor/bad rating.

Please provide a positive rating by clicking on 5 stars.

It’s my pleasure to continue this conversation until you satisfy.

Waiting for your response.

Thanks.

Thank you! I'm gonna sleep so much better now :)

I wish for your good health.
Please do not forget to leave positive rating by clicking 5 stars if you are satisfied with our conversation. Bonus is highly appreciated.

We can continue our conversation even after you provide rating.

Kind Regards
Dr.Anil

DermDoc
DermDoc, Doctor