Dermatology

Dermatology questions? Ask an online dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

I continue to have dermatology problems with my scalp. I was…

Customer Question
I continue to have...

I continue to have dermatology problems with my scalp. I was curious for any info in regards ***** *****

Doctor's Assistant: Can you tell me about all the symptoms you've noticed (e.g. itching, rash, new birthmarks or moles)?

Sure, I don't know if it's a form of alopecia or what but it will start like a painful bump and it forms almost like a pimple but it takes weeks if not months to totally heal from one spot.

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

This has been going on for roughly 4 or 5 years

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Not that I can think of. I'm a pretty healthy person besides this one issue

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Dermatology
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/21/2017
Dermatologist: Dr. Mo, Board Certified MD replied 8 months ago
Dr. Mo
Dr. Mo, Board Certified MD

Hi, Dr. Mo here with JA. Please let me review the information and I'll reply shortly.

How long have you had this issue and have you been seen for it or given any medications for it?

I see, you said it's been going on for 4-5 years.

Have biopsies been done or steroid injections tried?

If you have an image you could upload here it would be very helpful.

No, I've never seen anyone in regards ***** ***** issue.
Sure, it may take a minute to take and upload

Please take your time.

Pictures would be helpful.

I'm having issues uploading files
It said one was too large and the other it just kind of froze on. I'll try again.
is there an e mail address I could send pics to?

I don't have an email at JA unfortunately.

If you contact support they should be able to assist you.

okay should I do that now?

Sure, whenever it's convenient for you.

I'm online most of the day today and so will get a notification as soon as you upload the images.

okay great. thank you. I talked to support, and emailed them the images and they said they will forward them to you.

Thank you.