Dermatology

Dermatology Questions? Ask an Online Dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

Dermatology

I’m constantly getting ingrown or these numb on my groin

waste Line and stomach JA: How...
I’m constantly getting ingrown or these numb on my groin waste Line and stomach
JA: How long has this been bothering you? Are you experiencing any vomiting or nausea?
Customer: No and about 1year or so
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No
11/20/2017
Dr. Arun Phophalia, Cosmetic surgeon

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

Could you please describe your symptoms?

What is your age and gender?

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
I’m male 30 years of age, these bumps are on my waste line and above my penitentiary in my groin area
Customer reply replied 23 days ago
Above my penis

Could you please post a picture.

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
This

Thanks for the additional information. I am writing the answer for you and will get back to you in 4-5 minutes. If you get a phone call request, you may ignore it as that is an automated site trigger. Thank you.

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
Ok

These can be;

1) Razor bumps.

2) Staph infection.

You need following;

a) Blood culture

b) Swab from the bumps.

You need a course of antibiotic.

Meanwhile following measures would be helpful;

1) Application of neosporin cream. You may apply Betadine also instead.

2) Cleaning the area with anti bacterial soap on alternate days.

3) Wear cotton undergarments.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
Thank you

You are very welcome.

" I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!”.

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
I had swab test for staff nothing came back and bloods they said nothing concerning them and I haven’t had any hair removal for about 3 months and had these long come and go that’s the problem
Customer reply replied 23 days ago
I remember the reason for me shaving is due to last time it was worse and when I shaved it got better not gone but better

Your doctor may consider an antibiotic course of Cotrimoxazole and local application of Neosporin.

Meanwhile an aspirate of these bumps should be sent for the culture. This may tell the most efficacious antibiotic for eradication.

Also cleaning with Betadine soap would help in resolving them.

It is privilege assisting you.

Dr. Arun Phophalia, Cosmetic surgeon
Customer reply replied 23 days ago
Thanks

You are most welcome.

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
Question for you, would these sore have anything to do with hormones
Customer reply replied 23 days ago
A lot of intercourse or sweating

This is unlikely to be related to hormone.

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
If it is to do with hair removal do you think laser hair removal would be ideal to stop this

The razor bumps occur due to mild grade infection on the bladder.

Hair removal itself is not cause of persistent and recurrent infection

Dr. Arun Phophalia, Cosmetic surgeon