Dermatology

Dermatology questions? Ask an online dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

I did today and the therapist used the extraction tool for…

Customer Question
I did facial today and...
I did facial today and the therapist used the extraction tool for black heads. After i finished, my skin became kind of redish especially on my cheeks. She also injected some vitamin on the skin. I wonder why is this redness? Is it that my skin is too sensitive and what shall I do to reduce it because it is embarrasing when going out. I applied a cloth of cold water. How long it will take for it to subside?
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Dermatology
11/20/2017
Dermatologist: Dr.Saleem, Doctor replied 8 months ago
Dr.Saleem
Dr.Saleem, Doctor

Hello and welcome to JA. Dr Saleem here. Will be answering you shortly

Well nothing to worry about this can happen and doesnt usually last longer then few hours. You may take tablet benadryl to help it go away. Nothimg much of concern as this is normal reaction of our skin. When rubbed vigorously or extraction done , itbcan lead to increased blood flow to that part of the skin. Sometimes its a result of allergic reaction to something used by the therapist. Thats why i suggest benadryl.

I hope it answered your query.

Let me know if you have any more queries.

Please reward credit for the consult by clicking 5 stars in rating corner of your page if you are satisfied.

Wishing you a healthy life.

Regards.

Do you have any more queries dear Abdullah.