Dermatology

Dermatology Questions? Ask an Online Dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

Dermatology

I️ notice these red bumps in the back and one on my tonsil,

I️ notice these red bumps...
I️ notice these red bumps in the back and one white on my tonsil
JA: How long have you been dealing with this? Does anything in particular seem to make the bumps better or worse?
Customer: I️ notice like yesterday night my throat doesn’t hurt but I’m freaking out but I️ did go to the dentist a week ago for fill ins
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I️ have herpes but not in the mouth this has never happened
11/20/2017
DermDoc
DermDoc, Doctor

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you. I am a board certified consultant with over 30 years of experience.I’m reviewing your question and reply you soon.

Please provide more information regarding your question so I can help you in detail.

What is your age?

Associated fever,phlegm at back of throat,fatigue?

Are you taking any medications?

Please upload a picture to review.

Pain during swallowing?

Stuffy nose,cough?

Constant throat irritation and clearing?

Waiting for your response.
Thanks

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
I’m 20 years old , no medications ,no pain,no cough or stuffy nose ,just a little clearing and it feels like mucus is back there
Customer reply replied 28 days ago
I️ went to the dentist for a fill in 2 weeks ago for the left side and last week for the left

Please upload a picture to review if possible.

Thanks.
Waiting for your response.

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
Won’t let me upload I️ have no clue why

It's OK.

Please allow me just few minutes.
I’ll reply you back soon.
Thanks for your cooperation and patience.

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
Thank you
Customer reply replied 28 days ago
Also it is a white this like on my tonsil

Sorry for late reply and inconvenience.

Thanks for all these additional information.

I understand your concern.

Well as you describe, such white bump on tonsil either this can be the debris sticking in the crypts of tonsils or can be stone in tonsil.Crypts are small pouches in the tonsils which serves to collect debris.

Red bumps in the throat can be a sign of infection (viral or bacterial) or, if at the very back of the throat, they may be due to your postnasal drainage.

Now I would recommend to try some self care measures like

Do nasal saline spray and nasonex spray.

Also do saline gargles and oral betadine rinse.

Take OTC Claritin and Motrin for few days.

You should start a multivitamin supplement and vitamin C lozenges.

Hydrate yourself with plenty of fluids.

Start a probiotic.

And eat soft,bland diet.

If your symptoms 'll persist then see your doctor for further evaluation and management.

Let me know if you have any further query so we can discuss it thoroughly in every aspect.

Please use the REPLY/SEND BUTTON to reply back to me. It’s request to avoid poor/bad rating.

Please provide a positive rating by clicking on 5 stars.

It’s my pleasure to continue this conversation until you satisfy.

Waiting for your response.

Thanks.

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
I️ breastfeed are any of the following harmful and I️ sent the picture did you receive it

I didn't receive it yet.

Please upload again.

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
I️ sent it through the email that comes to my phone is there another way I️ can send it
Customer reply replied 28 days ago
I️ believe you are suppose to click on all the letters and numbers under my response

I have received your picture.

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
Ok does it look life threatening I’m just scared sorry for so many questions

I have reviewed your picture.

And such red bumps on back of throat/tongue are the circumvallate papillae, which are larger taste buds at the very back of the tongue.

In case of an infection,irritation, these papillae may become more prominent.

The white build-up on the tonsils could represent a tonsillitis or Tonsilloliths o-tonsil stone - calcifications that form in the crypts of the palatal tonsils.

These are not life threatening.

And you should take such self care measures as we have discussed earlier that provide you good results.

Still I would recommend to see your doctor or ENT specialist as you are breast feeding.

Hope this helps.
Use reply to let me know if you have further queries.
Please provide a positive rating by clicking on 5 stars and avoid poor/bad rating.
Bonus is highly appreciated.
We are here to help you until you satisfy.
Waiting for your response.
Thanks.

It’s my privilege to help you if you have any further query regarding your this health issue.
May I help you further?
Waiting for your response.

I have answered your question.

Have you received or not?

I paste it here again.

I have reviewed your picture.

These are not life threatening.

Hope this helps.
Bonus is highly appreciated.
Waiting for your response.
Thanks.

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
I️ don’t understand the first part of the paragraph it will be little more understanding over the phone if you do not mind nd(###) ###-####

I can explain you in chat mode only.

I'm currently not able to contact you through phone.

As per your picture,you have raised bumps on back of throat on tongue which are prominent taste buds.

And white bump is either tonsil stone or infection of tonsil.

And now I want to assure you that these are not life threatening.

You can try such self care measures as we have discussed earlier that provide you good results.

Hope this helps.

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
Okay . Do you think you can explain what did you mean by larger taste buds , also what is circumvallate papillae and will it stay on
My tounuge ..is this normal what you seen in my mouth
Customer reply replied 28 days ago
they won’t go away ? And what do you think prevented this

I have upload a picture to explain your bumps.These are present always on tongue and only get visible when they get prominent with infection or irritation.

These can get less prominent with such self care measures.

Hope this helps.

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
Okay ! So they will go away . Should I️ go back to the dentist so I️ can be prescribed with somthing or the doctor
Customer reply replied 28 days ago
Also I️ don’t understand the pay how much money did I️ pay and will it keep adding more money once I️ log out ?

You can go back to dentist if your symptoms'll persist even after taking such self care measures.

Your phone call wouldn't be charged as I have rejected it.

You need to pay initial question payment(around 35$) if you provide a

positive rating by clicking 5 stars if you are satisfied with our conversation. Bonus is highly appreciated.
We can continue our conversation even after you provide rating.

Kind Regards
Dr.Anil

DermDoc
DermDoc, Doctor
Customer reply replied 28 days ago
Okay so it is no big deal what’s going on in my mouth . I️ really appreciate this conversation because I️ could not sleep I️ was so scared . Can drinking cold water help a little and gargling salt water help until I️ get what I️ need ?
Customer reply replied 28 days ago
I️ will give u 5 stars

Warm water and saline gargles'll help.

Take all other self care measures also.

I wish for your good health.
Welcome.
Kind Regards
Dr.Anil

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
How much did I️ pay ? And I️ want to tell others about your help

It's around $ 35 approximately.

Welcome.
Kind Regards
Dr.Anil

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
Thank you! Have a great day

Welcome.
Kind Regards
Dr.Anil

DermDoc
DermDoc
DermDoc, Doctor