Dermatology

Dermatology questions? Ask an online dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

My groin area itches. Inside of thighs and pubic area. But…

My groin area itches...

My groin area itches. Inside of thighs and pubic area. But no redness. Very few skin colored bumps under pubic hair, nothing on thighs. Itches more when there's sweat.

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this? Does anything in particular seem to make the itch better or worse?

About 2 weeks. Sweating and heat, like hot shower

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I had scabies last year.

Answered in 1 minute by:
11/20/2017
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor

Dear customer

This is Dr. Josh. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

Thankyou.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dear customer

Thank you for being online.

The symptoms you have described of having itching in groin area,inside of thighs and pubic area along with very few skin colored bumps under pubic hair is most likely suggestive of yeast infection (also called as jock itch).

Another possibility is of staph bacterial infection.

Following is recommended for you:

·Apply cream containing clotrimazole.It is availaible at counter without prescription.

·Keep you genital area clean & dry .

·Remove wet, sweaty bottom clothing as soon as possible.

If still after this,the symptoms persists.then you need to make an appointment with your doctor as prescription oral medications like fluconazole (diflucan)or Itraconazole (sporanox) and /or antibiotics will then be required accordingly.Usually & most likely,the symptoms gets subside with these treatments.

Thank you.

Hope this helped

If you have any further question then you can ask me.

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today ,we only get after positive feedback.

Bonus is highly appreciated.

We are here to help you until you satisfy.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dear customer

Do you have any other follow up question?

Waiting for your reply…

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Just tonight, my chest started itching too. No bumps and only redness where I scratched. 37 y/o male.

Dear customer

Thank you for replying back.

The itching & redness of chest that started tonight does not seem to be related to your thigh symptoms.

This can be mild irritation or hypersensitivity/mild allergy.

Also none of these symptoms are related to your scabies you had last year.

Following is recommended for you now:

-Take tablet benadryl once a day.

-Apply cream containing 1 % hydrocortisone on redness/itchy area of chest

-Apply cream containing clotrimazole over groin area.

All these are available at your pharmacy asOTC(over the counter) without prescription & will help you greatly.

Thank you.

And please don't forget to leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today,

we only get after positive feedback.Bonus is highly appreciated.

We are here to help you until you satisfy

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor
Dr Josh
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor