Dermatology

Dermatology questions? Ask an online dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

Small sometimes itchy bumps only on elbows. Nothing I can…

Small sometimes itchy bumps...

Small sometimes itchy bumps only on elbows

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this? Does anything in particular seem to make the itch better or worse?

Are you a bot?

Doctor's Assistant: Yes, I'm a bot. I make the process of talking to the doctor more efficient and affordable by asking basic questions. Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Nothing I can determine makes it better or worse... maybe when I lean on my work desk with long sleeves

Answered in 1 minute by:
11/19/2017
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, General pratice

Hello. I'm Dr Chip
Thanks for your question and I'm reviewing it.
I'll be back in a moment with and answer or a request for more information

Could you please post a photo for me on this page?

Yup.. sending
Hello?

Got it--hold on please

How long have you had that and have you tried anything for it?

Comes and goes for last couple years maybe.. sometimes put creams on it which seems to ease the itching

Definitely now psoriasis from how it looks

And not fungal like ringworm

It looks like a kind of inflammatory eczema and there usually aren't any triggers for that

For now you could try over the counter 1% hydrocortisone cream and oral Claritin or Zyrtec

But if that doesn't help you'd need prescription tacrolimus cream

Please let me know if you need any more information

Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, General pratice