Dermatology

Dermatology questions? Ask an online dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

I HAVE TWO HOLES IN MY SCALP DONE BY A DERMINTOLIGIST TO…

Customer Question
I HAVE TWO HOLES...

I HAVE TWO HOLES IN MY SCALP DONE BY A DERMINTOLIGIST TO REMOVE SOME CANCER. DO YOU HAVE SURGEONS TO MAYBE FILL THESE

Doctor's Assistant: Are you keeping a personal medical record while dealing with this?

THE WORK DONE BECAME INFECTED AND I HAD TO HAVE SURGERY TO CLEAN IT. THIS WAS DONE BY PLASTIC SURGEON. AFTER A YEAR OR SO THIS DID NOT HEAL SO HE DID ANOTHER PROCEDURE AND IT DID NOT HEAL EITHER AND HE SAID THE HOLES WOULD PROBABLY WOULD NOT HEAL. ALL OF THIS COULD BE DOCUMENTED BY EITHER DOCTOR OR HOSPITAL RECORDS.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I HAD 32 RADIATION TREATMENTS THAT STARTED THIS.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Dermatology
11/19/2017
Dermatologist: Dr. David, Board Certified Physician replied 8 months ago
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

the radiation therapy didn't cure the scalp skin cancer? why did you need surgery after radiation therapy?

how old are you?

after radiation therapy, surgery sometimes is not the best idea in an area because of decrease blood flow to the area after radiation therapy

the scalp can be a very thin skin area with limited blood flow with less after radiation therapy

hyperbaric oxygen chamber therapy can often help heal areas after radiation therapy

let me know if you have questions.