Dermatology

Dermatology questions? Ask an online dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

On August 27 of this year I had to jump in a murky low

Customer Question
Hi On August 27...

Hi On August 27 of this year I had to jump in a murky low current river to save our English Cocker. I was in the water about 10 minutes. About six weeks later I broke out with a rash. The doctor gave me a cream to put on it from head to toe. It continued to itch Crazy in the evening when I was trying to sleep. It’s seem to get worse so I refilled the cream and get the same regimen. It has been itching ever since and It’s really bad. I haven’t slept for weeks and weeks. May I send you a picture of my stomach

Doctor's Assistant: How long has this been bothering you? Are you experiencing any vomiting or nausea?

I have had nauseous in the morning’s not every morning. My energy level is very low Is there anyway I can send a picture of my stomach

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Not that would have anything to do with this, thank you

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Dermatology
This is my stomack, my back is bad also
the sides of my upper trunk her terrible also , It’s really not fun.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
11/18/2017
Dermatologist: Dr. David, Board Certified Physician replied 8 months ago
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

I am sorry you are having this rash

you may be manifesting a skin allergy. you may need a course of steroids, oral antibiotics, anti-histamines which could help

prescription steroid creams and antibiotic creams could help

you may need to see a dermatologist for more skin evaluation and skin biopsies and skin cultures to check for skin infections.

What Do you think it is? What could I have picked up in that water?

it could be a skin allergy reaction

or possibly a skin infection

6 weeks later, most likely it was not related to the water you jumped in.

Let me know if you have other questions.
If done for now, please leave Positive Rating of 5 stars so I can get credit for helping you today.
We only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback. (You may have to scroll up or down to see the ratings area)
You can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions.
Here is my website if you need to reach me:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/
Thanks for using JustAnswers.com