Dermatology

Dermatology questions? Ask an online dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

I always have pinples boil on my nose every week and I have…

Customer Question
Please I always have...

Please I always have pinples boil on my nose every week and I have use a lot drugs but yet it didn't go away, please I really need it, it's been doing me for 4years now

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this? Are you having any breathing problems?

No I'm not

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Nothing ealse

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Dermatology
11/18/2017
Dermatologist: vakularen, Doctor (other than dermatologist) replied 8 months ago
vakularen
vakularen, Doctor (other than dermatologist)

Hello,I am Dr. Aren and I will help with your query.Recurrent boils on the nose are usually due to staph aureus which usually resides in the nasal alae/nostrils.A few things to do-wash your hands frequently,especially when you touch your nose/mask area.Take Augmentin for 7-10 days.Use Fucidin ointment to clear the nostrils of the staph bacteria by applying the ointment 2-3 times daily for 4-5 days and washing your hands properly after that with soap and water.If anyone in the household has similar boils,he should also be treated similarly at the same time.Clearing the nose of all staph bacilli is the key,avoid reinfection which may occur by shaking hands with a person who may be infected similarly.Discuss this with your PCP/Doctor who can guide you and prescribe the medication.