Dermatology

Dermatology questions? Ask an online dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

I have had psoriasis on the penis glans on and off for 17…

Customer Question
I have had psoriasis on...
I have had psoriasis on the penis glans on and off for 17 years which i have always trwsted with 1% topical hydrocortisone cream. But over the years it has gotten more and more resistant to the steroid resulting in me having to use more cream and for longer to treat it. Suddenly one month ago i began experiencing a hypersensitivity in the whole groin area. Penis foreskin, scrotum and inner thighs all burn and are sensitive to clothing touching them. Also scrotum skin has totally changed pigmentation at both sides with a straight border between the two colour skins. I am really worried long term hydrocortisone use has triggered genital dysaesthesia. Have convinced GP to prescribe gabapentin, amytriptyline and oxytetracycline but no improvement in one month.
Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Dermatology
11/17/2017
Dermatologist: DocPhilMD, Doctor replied 5 months ago
DocPhilMD
DocPhilMD, Doctor

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

still need help?

Hello?

do you have a picture of the area?

No. In any case not reslly much to see. Intense burning pain on inner thighs, forskin snd scrotum but skin all normal, apart from sides of scrotum are pinkish white as opposed to darker coloured normal middle. Clean borderline between the two pigmentations. But the forskin and inner thigh skin appear notmal
Can long term hydrocortisone use cause nerve damage?

It could be coming from your low back

the pain

To the foreskin?!

yes

the nerves from the low back innervate the penis, testicles and skin

What about the pigmentation change to the sides of the scrotum?
What medication do you recommend?
Are you there?
This is an unacceptable level of service
Disgusting
Where the hell are you dr phil

Sorry I was offline

I am back now.

do you still need help?

dermdoc19
dermdoc19
dermdoc19, Dermatologist