Dermatology

Dermatology questions? Ask an online dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

I used some Compound W Freeze Off on a couple of small skin…

Customer Question
I used some Compound...

I used some Compound W Freeze Off on a couple of small skin tags on my penis. I think I also froze some of the healthy skin surrounding the tags, and now I have these slight white craters. Is there anything I can do to help the healing and prevent noticeable scarring? It has been about a week and using Neosporin has helped. The areas seem to be improving, just slowly.

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with the skin issue? Have you noticed any major changes in your overall skin or nails recently?

About 2 weeks. And no.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Dermatology
11/17/2017
Dermatologist: Dr. Chip, General pratice replied 8 months ago
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, General pratice

Hello. I'm Dr Chip
Thanks for your question and I'm reviewing it.
I'll be back in a moment with and answer or a request for more information

Could you please post a photo for me on this page?

Photos attached. Just taken.

Got them--thanks

No infection there at least

Superficial burn basically

I think in time it will heal without any scarring but for now I'd suggest either vitamin E oil or lotion three times a day to speed up the healing process

Please let me know if you need any more information

Thanks. That's good news! So in some time, the redness should subside?

Yes-in time this will all be back to normal

Please click on the 5 star excellent rating icon so I can get credit for my time with you