Dermatology

Dermatology questions? Ask an online dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

2 weeks ago a gasoline engine back fired embedding exhaust…

Hello, 2 weeks ago...

Hello, 2 weeks ago a gasoline engine back fired embedding exhaust particles in my skin, on my forearm, they have been festering out but there is a lot of minute particles still there. what do i need to do to get them out?? thank you Dan(###) ###-####

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with the skin issue? Have you noticed any major changes in your overall skin or nails recently?

Just where the exhaust hit me 6 inches long, where the particals went in there was a little bleeding at first and 5 inches wide and a round bump the size of 1 1/2 inches , is the size of the exhaust pipe. seems to still weep. I have been using peroxide and antibiotic cream, I quit using the peroxide and only using cream.now, no burn but itches a lot. my arm was 6 inches away from the back fire

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Iam 70 years old, hip replacement 5 years ago , I work at being healthy. I do take a lot of vitamins and minerals the only prescription is eye drops. Nebraska does have a chelation clinic, I go once a month trying to stay healthy, a urine test one year ago showed high levels of tin.

11/17/2017
DocPhilMD
DocPhilMD, Doctor

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

do you have a picture?

it will be a few thank you

ok standing by

Sorry having issue with pic
I hope you can see round exhaust circle about 1 1/2 inches is raised and weeps lots of minute particles
pic 18 shows some of the little particals still festering out

This looks like a bad burn

have you seen a doctor?

DocPhilMD
DocPhilMD, Doctor
Back fire did not seem like or feel like a.burn. the question is the particales toxic and will they cause a tumar or cancer???
I have accepted this twice now once on here and once on my phone, I hope this is not charge
No it is a burn. I see no particles my friend. You need to go to ER and get burn treatment and they can do an x-ray for particles