Dermatology

Dermatology Questions? Ask an Online Dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

Dermatology

I have developed these dark circles over the last few years.

I'm 42. No known health...
I have developed these dark circles over the last few years. I'm 42. No known health issues besides maybe anemic, but last we checked it was borderline. They are darker than a persons normal dark circle. I don't know why??
11/17/2017
DermDoc
DermDoc, Doctor

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you. I am a board certified consultant with over 30 years of experience.

I understand your concern.

You can undergo further test like Peripheral Blood Film to diagnose the type of anemia.

The facial rash seems like butterfly rash.

If any history of joint pains further testing like ANA may be considered.

Let me know if you have any further query so we can discuss it thoroughly in every aspect.

Please use the REPLY/SEND BUTTON to reply back to me. It’s request to avoid poor/bad rating.

Please provide a positive rating by clicking on 5 stars.

It’s my pleasure to continue this conversation until you satisfy.

Waiting for your response.

Thanks.

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
What's ANA? Like R arthritis? How would that be related to dark circles?

Butterfly rash, is a medical sign consisting of a characteristic form of facial rash. It is often seen in lupus.

You need to be tested if you have any history of joint pain or body aches.

It can also be related to anemia as well.

Peripheral Blood film may be done to diagnose the type of anemia.

DermDoc
DermDoc, Doctor
Customer reply replied 23 days ago
Thank you

Thank you.

DermDoc
DermDoc
DermDoc, Doctor