Dermatology

Dermatology questions? Ask an online dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

This is a bit embarassing but i feel like i constantly have…

Customer Question
This is a bit...

This is a bit embarassing but i feel like i constantly have to pee (my penis sort of buns or itches somtimes) which started a couple of days ago. also my butthole itches, whcihc started at the same time. but the weird thing is there are no visible symptoms of anything or I can't relieve the itchiness with scratching, it just doesn't work

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this? Does anything in particular seem to make the itch better or worse?

Like i said, only a couple of days. when i do pee, the itch o my penis goes away but then comes right back, but other than that, nothing really. it sort of just gets better or worse oj it's own

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No, nothing significant to this

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Dermatology
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/17/2017
Dermatologist: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Cosmetic surgeon replied 8 months ago
Dr. Arun Phophalia, Cosmetic surgeon

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

Your symptoms are suggestive of prostatitis. This is a non STD prostate infection due to pyogenic organisms which causes referred symptoms to penis, urethra and urinary symptoms. To confirm the diagnosis, following are helpful;

1) A digital rectal exam by doctor would elicit tenderness on prostate.

2) A urine culture

3) Semen culture

4) Culture of prostate fluid after prostate massage expressed from penis.

The culture tests not only confirms the infection and causative organisms but also tells about the most efficacious antibiotic to treat it.

If you have history of unsafe sex; you may get a STD screening, just for precaution.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

" I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!”.

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.

You can continue to ask questions after positive feedback.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl