Dermatology

Dermatology questions? Ask an online dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

I am still not seeming to get any better from an infection…

Customer Question
Hi I am still not...
Hi I am still not seeming to get any better from an infection or problem I have. I have done a full STI/STD test that has come back negative but I still have a sore penis and have a little strange rash/ discolouring at the top of my foreskin..
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Dermatology
did you receive the picture?
11/17/2017
Dermatologist: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Cosmetic surgeon replied 8 months ago
Dr. Arun Phophalia, Cosmetic surgeon

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

Since when is soreness of penis?

Since how long is penis foreskin rash and discoloration?

Is your foreskin retractable?

Probably been about 4 days, I also noticed the discolouration only in the last 48 hours and have no idea if it has been there longer as I haven't noticed. It doesn't hurt to urinate at all, it is generally a little sore...

Thanks for the additional information. I am writing the answer for you and will get back to you in 4-5 minutes. If you get a phone call request, you may ignore it as that is an automated site trigger. Thank you.

Your symptoms are suggestive of prostatitis. This is a non STD prostate infection due to pyogenic organisms which causes referred pain to penis. To confirm the diagnosis, following are helpful;

1) A digital rectal exam by doctor would elicit tenderness on prostate.

2) A urine culture

3) Semen culture

4) Culture of prostate fluid after prostate massage expressed from penis.

The culture tests not only confirms the infection and causative organisms but also tells about the most efficacious antibiotic to treat it.

Meanwhile apply 0.5% hydrocortisone skin cream on the foreskin twice a day. The cream is available without prescription.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

" I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!”.

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.

You can continue to ask questions after positive feedback.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl