Dermatology

Dermatology questions? Ask an online dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

My arm was casted after elbow surgery in January of this…

Customer Question
My arm was casted after...
My arm was casted after elbow surgery in January of this year. The skin looked pretty good, although dry, when the cast was removed nine weeks after surgery. I started physical therapy two weeks later.
I finished PT at the end of April, and my arm has healed fine, except I constantly have areas on my forearm that are small blood vessel breaks under the skin.When I was in PT they did "Astym" which is where they rub a plastic device while pressing pretty hard on the area. They told me its supposed to bring blood to the weak muscles and rev up the healing process.
It's only that area (my forearm) that I get these blood spots under the skin on.
What should I do? It's been almost seven months and I am frustrated with how bad they look. They heal within a few weeks, but others form.
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Dermatology
11/17/2017
Dermatologist: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Cosmetic surgeon replied 8 months ago
Dr. Arun Phophalia, Cosmetic surgeon

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

What is your age and gender?

Are you on any medications, herbs?