Ross
Ross, Doctor
Experience:  Urologist
99040843

I have uncircumcised penis. When i retract the foreskin and

Customer Question

Hi I have uncircumcised penis. When i retract the foreskin and expose the glans my glans is extremely sensitive to touch to the point that it is painful. How do I promote keratinization of the glans to reduce the pain
Category: Dermatology
Expert:  Ross replied 1 year ago.

hello DR Ross IM a urologist, any of the goldbaum ointment can protect the skin from the moisture and allow it to heal do you have any diabetes

Expert:  Ross replied 1 year ago.

Vaseline can even help

Expert:  Ross replied 1 year ago.

it can take a week to heal if it is ready red

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No it has been like this forever, it has never been normal
Expert:  Ross replied 1 year ago.

That will stay that way with your foreskin keeping it moist difficulty to dry it out when covered, it is just from the moisture there

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is there any way to dry it out to possibly get rid of the pain?
Expert:  Ross replied 1 year ago.

the only way i knows is the use of Vaseline to break the continues moisture, most prescriptions or over the counter are petroleum jelly based. Goldbaum makes alot of moisture barrier products, give it a try for a month

Expert:  Ross replied 1 year ago.

the skin can absorb its own moisture not that of the opposing tissue that how the Vaseline works.

Expert:  Ross replied 1 year ago.

hopefully that gives you something to try ratings appreciated