Dermatology

Dermatology questions? Ask an online dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

I have uncircumcised penis. When i retract the foreskin and…

Customer Question
Hi I have uncircumcised penis...
Hi I have uncircumcised penis. When i retract the foreskin and expose the glans my glans is extremely sensitive to touch to the point that it is painful. How do I promote keratinization of the glans to reduce the pain
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Dermatology
11/15/2017
Dermatologist: Ross, Doctor replied 8 months ago
Ross
Ross, Doctor

hello DR Ross IM a urologist, any of the goldbaum ointment can protect the skin from the moisture and allow it to heal do you have any diabetes

Vaseline can even help

it can take a week to heal if it is ready red

No it has been like this forever, it has never been normal

That will stay that way with your foreskin keeping it moist difficulty to dry it out when covered, it is just from the moisture there

Is there any way to dry it out to possibly get rid of the pain?

the only way i knows is the use of Vaseline to break the continues moisture, most prescriptions or over the counter are petroleum jelly based. Goldbaum makes alot of moisture barrier products, give it a try for a month

the skin can absorb its own moisture not that of the opposing tissue that how the Vaseline works.

hopefully that gives you something to try ratings appreciated