Dermatology

Dermatology Questions? Ask an Online Dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

Dermatology

I have a flesh colored symmetrical mple on my upper back

sort of at nape of...
I have a flesh colored symmetrical mple on my upper back sort of at nape of my neck. I was at skin doctor in September for somethign else and showed it to him and he said its nothing, normal mole. A couple days ago it started bleeding I think because i play around with it wihtout thinking and may have scratched it. That is what i told myself the past 2 days. Yesterday a dry scab came off and now its just red in middle of the mole. It is same size always been just red in middle. Since im not 100% sure its from me scratching myself I started to get worried now. Do i need to go to my doctor? Not sure what to do.
11/14/2017
DocPhilMD
DocPhilMD, Doctor

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

Thanks for this question

So did it heal on its own?

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
No. I didnt heal yet. It is red in center now after the scab came off. The edges are flesh color as its always been. I attached a picture. Did u see it. That is how it looks now

Yes, I saw it

I'm sorry you are having this issue

I would let it heal and see what it looks like

a non healing wound is concerning

but if the dermatologist looked at it I would be confident it is okay

I can't be 100% sure until I see it healed

is this helpful?

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
HOw long should I give it to heal?...I think its only been 2-3 days. The dermatologist saw it a month ago before it bled and said its a normal mole. Wondering 1) how long I should wait. 2) If it competely heals then no worry? 3) did u see the picture?Also I am 25 weeks pregnant if that makes any difference.thx

1)2 weeks

2)correct

3)yes I saw it

The pregnancy shouldn't matter

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave a 5 star rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. Phil" in the medicine, cardiology or pharmacy categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-irondoc/

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
Thx for your reply. From what u saw what is your opinion? Its a little hard to see I know. Red is in center where i peeled off scab. Edges is same diameter and color (flesh color) as before. I am a very anxious person so how worried should i be while i wait it out?thx

No I think you likely have nothing to worry about

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
OK thx so much. I think i subconsciously played with it and scratched it but since im not positive i got worried that its more than a regular boo boo...hope thats all it is

I think you will be ok

congrats on the pregnancy!

DocPhilMD
DocPhilMD, Doctor
Customer reply replied 29 days ago
thx so much!
DocPhilMD
DocPhilMD
DocPhilMD, Doctor