Dermatology

Dermatology questions? Ask an online dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

A year ago I had a bacterial infection just below the head…

Customer Question
A year ago I had...
A year ago I had a bacterial infection just below the head of my penis. I used an antibacterial cream and the condition went away but I always had a little spot where it was. It went away but in the past two months it has come back twice: once after sex, once after masturbation. I have handled it this time with neosporin and home remedies such as eating ginger, garlic etc. It has cleared up somewhat but there are still spots that arent going away. Spots I feel if I masturbate will turn into big rashes. I have read a steroidal cream and oral antibiotics are effective but I am not sure how to go about that. Can you advise me? Also, is there a way to "strengthen" the skin on my penis? Also my skin (all over my body) seems to have grown more sensitive in the past couple of months. When i scratch a part of my body that part gets even more itchy and a little inflamed but subsides within a few minutes.
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Dermatology
11/12/2017
Dermatologist: Dr Uzair, Doctor replied 8 months ago
Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

The cream that you are talking about is called Fusidin cream, it is a combination of an antibacterial and a steroid. You can apply it on the bacterial infection twice a day.

For the generalized skin condition that you have you will need to eventually see a Dermatologist and for that the best course of action will be to schedule an appointment as soon as you can because it can take a while.

Hope this helps.

Please do leave a positive rating for the service by clicking on the stars on top of the screen.

Best wishes.

What you told me is almost verbatim written on the bottle.

Alright, is there anything else you would like to know?