Dermatology

Dermatology questions? Ask an online dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

I saw 3 spots on the side of my left ankle 2 the size of…

Customer Question
I saw 3 spots...

I saw 3 spots on the side of my left ankle 2 the size of dimes 1 about 2' long and 1/8" thin

Doctor's Assistant: Can you tell me about all the symptoms you've noticed (e.g. itching, rash, new birthmarks or moles)?

Nothing like that. they don't hurt just saw them in shower last night

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

There is no pain

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I have afib and take meds for high BP

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Dermatology
11/11/2017
Dermatologist: Dr Josh, Doctor replied 8 months ago
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor

Myself Dr Josh- and I’m happy to help with your question today.

Please provide me the following information so that I can address your concern-

Have you developed such spots in past?

Can you please share picture.

Waiting for your reply…

Thanks

no haven't had them before and I don't have a way to send a pic from work computer

Dear,

Thanks for all these additional details.

It is called as Petechiae, and occur due to broken blood vessels.

They are formed when when capillaries bleed, leaking blood into the skin.

It can occur with-

-Prolonged strain

-Vitamin deficiency

-Malnutrition, such as deficiencies of vitamins B12, C, or K, or folic acid.

-A bleeding or clotting disorder,
-Certain medical conditions like - Low platelet count, Vitamin K deficiency.

-Side effect of Medications like Anticoagulants, Naproxen, Penicillin.

-Injuries and sunburn.

You would need a clinical examination and blood tests for precise diagnosis.

Coagulation studies (PT/PTT/INR) would also be advised.

Most of the times, it would not relate with any serious issue.

I would recommend that you visit your primary doctor for evaluation and get it managed.

Hope this helped

If you have any further question then you can ask me.

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today
we only get after positive feedback.
Bonus is highly appreciated.
We are here to help you until you satisfy.
Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

thank you

Dear,

Most Welcome.

God bless you !!

Don’t forget to leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today
we only get after positive feedback.
Bonus is highly appreciated.
Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh