Dermatology

Dermatology questions? Ask an online dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

I am a 29 year old female, 9 months postpartum, still

Customer Question
Hello! I am a...

Hello! I am a 29 year old female, 9 months postpartum, still exclusively breastfeeding. Since July I have had terrible eczema on my right hand's fingers. I also have TERRIBLE stomach pains about 3 times a month. Twice, I've noticed fat or oily looks to it. I never had these problems when I was dairy free for an allergy my daughter had when she was younger and breastfeeding. I used to also have awful dizziness, but that seems to have subsided. I will get nausea with the stomach pains sometimes as well. I'd like to add I am clinically diagnosed with an anxiety disorder and I am allergic to SSRIs, so you can imagine how crazy this is driving me. Please help! Thanks.

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this? Is there anything in particular that seems to make the symptoms better or worse?

Since July. I haven't noticed any trends.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I have severe anxiety. I am anemic while pregnant, but not sure if I have it postpartum. I have had 4 c-sections.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Dermatology
34;Twice, I've noticed fat or oily looks to it." I was referring to my stool.
I am 4'11'' and currently weigh 82 lbs.
Sometimes, I will notice my neck lymph nodes get enlarged as well.
When my lymph nodes are enlarged I do notice ear pain, but it goes away in a couple of days.
11/10/2017
Dermatologist: DrK99, Doctor (other than dermatologist) replied 8 months ago
DrK99
DrK99, Doctor (other than dermatologist)
Hello and welcome to Just Answer. I looking forward to assisting you with your question and providing excellent service. These sound like stress related minor illness- psoriasis and irritable bowel disease. At 82 pounds you are at a bmi of less than 17 which is very dangerous while breast feeding. A normal weight would be around 102 while breast feeding. My suspicion is that you are developing minor issue due to malnutrition and being underweight and stressed
Hello! Thank you for your response! I would like to add 2 photos of my hand on a "good day." Also, I have always been this weight even after having 4 kids and never experienced this. I will upload a photo of me. I also eat a lot (I love food haha) and have many calories in a day. So you are thinking IBS?
It sounds like ibs. I would still encourage you to gain some weight
Thank you. Did you view the pictures of my hand? Is that psoriasis or eczema.
I dont have any hand photos
I will send them again.
This looks like dyshydrotic eczema. Responds well to prescription steroid cream and is often due to repeatedly gripping something tightly.
Okay. Can you prescribe things for me?
This is a question and answer site only. You can try otc hydrocortisone first
Okay, thank you. Unfortunately, I have tried that for 2 months now and it hasn't worked. :(