Dermatology

Dermatology questions? Ask an online dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

I woke up with very itchy hands at the middle of the nigh. I…

I woke up with...

I woke up with very itchy hands at the middle of the nigh. I had to put moisturizing creams several time. Today I have itchy scalp and armpits with some redness. What is this?

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this? Does anything in particular seem to make the itch better or worse?

It is new

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I am taking propacia

11/8/2017
DocPhilMD
DocPhilMD, Doctor

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

what other meds do you take?

how old are you?

I don't take any other medicin expect for hair growth and I am 26
Edu in is Propecia

do you have a picture of the scalp?

No

can you take one for me?

it sounds like seborrheic dermatitis

google that and tell me if that is what it looks like

Alright, I will google
Does not seem so because I also had very itchy hands and some underpits
Under armpits
Probably eczema too
What should I use? And how long does it take? Benadryl?

I would use benadryl and topical hydrocortisone

sorry about the late reply

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave a 5 star rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. Phil" in the medicine, cardiology or pharmacy categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-irondoc/

DocPhilMD
DocPhilMD, Doctor
DocPhilMD
DocPhilMD
DocPhilMD, Doctor