Dermatology

Dermatology questions? Ask an online dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

Just checking moles and this one on my back has been there…

Hi. Just checking moles and...
Hi. Just checking moles and this one on my back has been there for a while but it is dark. My health anxiety is so bad, every week I find a new spot to worry about.
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/23/2017
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor

Dear customer

This is Dr. Josh. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dear customer

Is it possible to attach a photo of this mole?

Hi. I have attached photos. Thanks.
I had a wide excision on a mole this past spring so I am on edge.

Dear customer

Thank you for the quick reply & for attaching pictures.I have seen them all.

The pictures you have sent of mole on your back is not due to melanoma or cancer or anything serious. There is nothing of concern here.

Most moles are completely harmless.

Moles are usually circular or oval with a smooth border.

Moles can appear at any time during your life.

If you have any of these below things-

-moles with uneven coloring,

-moles with an uneven or ragged edge,

-bleeding, itching, red, inflamed (swollen) or crusty moles.

then it should be checked by doctor.

In your case, it is completely benign in nature. No need to get panic/anxious.

This would not develop into any serious issue. Please don't worry.

Nothing of concern here.

Thank you.

Hope this helped

If you have any further question then you can ask me.

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today ,we only get after positive feedback.

Bonus is highly appreciated.

We are here to help you until you satisfy.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Thank you for your reply. I was thinking this mole is only maybe 2 mm, 3 at most. Have you seen melanomas this small?

Dear customer

Thank you for replying back.

The melanoma spots are almost always larger than 6 millimeters across.

It is quite rare to be so small.

Also you do not have any other symptoms.

So I am pretty sure-this is not melanoma or anything serious.

Nothing of concern here.

Thank you.

And please don't forget to leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today,

we only get after positive feedback.Bonus is highly appreciated.

We are here to help you until you satisfy

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor
Ok. Thank you for your response.

Dear customer

Thank you for the words of appreciation & for using just answer website.

God bless you & take care.

Kind Regards
Dr.Josh