Dermatology

Dermatology questions? Ask an online dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

Dr. Phil recommended antifungal and antibacterial to treat…

Hi Dr. Dr. Phil recommended...
Hi Dr. Dr. Phil recommended antifungal and antibacterial to treat an infection. I been using Neosporin and Lamisil but I can't seem to get it to clear up. Can i get a prescription or is there something else I can try? Thanks.
10/22/2017
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, General pratice

Hello I'm Dr Chip

Could you please post a photo for me on this page?

Graphic Warning: it's on my private. Two images from August with the date as the file name. The other is recent. I've been trying to get rid of it for over 2 months. I'm hoping to get a prescription or something to speed this along. I've been using the antifungal as recommended for about a week on and week off, once per day. With Neosporin throughout the day and on the week off. I also use Aquaphor healing ointment. Since August, it created small red spots on the head which is concerning and a couple other red irritated spots. It originally was just one or two large red spots and now it seems to have spread into small red spots. I want to make sure I'm treating it properly and would like to try and get some better medication. Please help! Thank you very much.

Got those--thanks

This isn't fungal and it isn't an infection so I wouldn't expect the Neosporin or the Lamisil to work on it

It's an inflammatory eczema

I suggest you switch to 1% over the counter hydrocortisone cream twice a day for two weeks and that should clear it up

Please let me know if you need any more information

Is that what is going on with my legs too? I've attached pictures. I thought it was just dry skin which i seem to get in the winter.
I really hope this works. Much appreciated, thank you.

Yes--same thing on your legs so the hydrocortisone will work there, too

Please click on the 5 star excellent rating icon so I can get credit for my time with you

Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, General pratice