Dermatology

Dermatology Questions? Ask an Online Dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

Dermatology

I shaved my vaginal area using a rusty razor and how I have

Customer Question
big bumps growing on my...
I shaved my vaginal area using a rusty razor and how I have big bumps growing on my vagina , itching , burning , irritation, puss , redness and swelling
JA: Any recent injuries? How long have you been dealing with the swelling?
Customer: No injuries and the swelling has been for about 2-3 days
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I also had unprotected sex with another female like me but she had a bacterial infection
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Dermatology
10/20/2017
Dermatologist: Dr. Juran, Board Certified MD replied 1 month ago
Dr. Juran
Dr. Juran, Board Certified MD

Hi there. Board-certified obgyn here. Preparing a response and will be with you shortly.

Without examining you it's hard to tell what's going on, but your symptoms are likely to be related to either irritation or infection from using the razor. There is something called folliculitis (more info from Mayo clinic here) which is where the hair follicles (where the hairs grow out of the skin) become infected. That being said, it is possible for STDs to be transmitted with any type of sexual activity including amongst females, so I do recommend having STD screening. For now, I would recommend warm compresses (warm wet washcloth applied to the affected areas and removed when they cool) twice a day. Can you get in with a doctor to be examined? If you have a Planned Parenthood nearby they can also take a look.

Dermatologist: Dr. Juran, Board Certified MD replied 28 days ago

Do you have any further questions for me? If you are satisfied with the responses provided please leave a review by clicking the stars above. Thank you!

Dr. Juran
Dr. Juran
Dr. Juran, Board Certified MD