Dermatology

Dermatology Questions? Ask an Online Dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

Dermatology

I have a that is on the bottom crease of my buttocks and on

my inner thighs. It has...
I have a that is on the bottom crease of my buttocks and on my inner thighs. It has gotten worse throughout the day and has some welts. I put cortisone cream on earlier and it's only gotten worse. I have never had anything like this before and don't know what to do.
10/16/2017
DocPhilMD
DocPhilMD, Doctor

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

do you have a picture of the affected area?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
These are the best I could get. It started out on the right side, but now it's on both.

This appears to be a fungal infection

I would try clotrimazole OTC

that should help

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave a 5 star rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. Phil" in the medicine, cardiology or pharmacy categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-irondoc/

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
What is the brand name?

Lotrimin

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Do I need to see my doctor or will the Lotrimin get rid of it?

Try the lotrimin for a week or so.

If it doesn't work go in

Or if it gets really severe over the next couple days go in

there is a chance it could be something else but it appears to be fungal

DocPhilMD
DocPhilMD, Doctor
DocPhilMD
DocPhilMD
DocPhilMD, Doctor