Dermatology

Dermatology questions? Ask an online dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

I would like a dermatologist to answer this I have a rash on…

I would like a dermatologist...
I would like a dermatologist to answer this I have a rash on my neck and chest that comes and goes. It started yesterday but went away after taking Benadryl. Can I necklace cause this? It seems that when I take my necklace off, I feel better.
10/14/2017
vakularen
vakularen, Doctor (other than dermatologist)

Hell,I am Dr. Aren and I will help with your query.It appears that there is probably Contact Dermatitis with some element of the necklace which is causing this rash.It would be prudent to avoid wearing this necklace as contact dermatitis can cause problems which may be life long.LOcal steroid creams are the treatment of choice ,oral antihistamines may help.Avoidance would be the best option for any such jewelry .

I take 100 mg of minocycline a day for acne. Could that be the cause?

If it would be a drug reaction,it would not be localised to the neck and chest,highly unlikely to be drug related.

vakularen