Dermatology

Dermatology questions? Ask an online dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

I have a lesion on my toe next to the pinky that I thought…

Customer Question
I have a lesion...

I have a lesion on my toe next to the pinky that I thought was a blister. 3 months later it is now swollen ans not healing.

Doctor's Assistant: Any recent injuries? How long have you been dealing with the swelling?

Swelling around 5 weeks. No i jury from memory

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I have the gene for Motor Neurone Disease. It runs in our family ..2 from each generation since 1858

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Dermatology
10/5/2017
Dermatologist: Dr. Pravin, Dermatologist replied 8 months ago
Dr. Pravin
Dr. Pravin, Dermatologist

Hello

Welcome and Thank you for your query posted.

My name is***** and being a Skin, Hair and Nail specialist I would be able to provide you with an appropriate solution to your concern.

Please note that my Goal is to provide you with an Excellent Service .

Before I answer your question I would like to get some more information:

Could you send me a photo of the condition at your convenience?

You can upload the photo on www.photobucket.com and send me the link

Other method of uploading photo or a file is:

1.Click the paperclip icon

2.Click the Browse icon

3.Click the Browse button

4.Select your file and click Open

5.Click OK

6.Click Insert

7.Click Save Changes on this page

Please note that the answer provided is for information purpose only and does not substitute a Doctor - Patient Consultation in Clinic

Will upload pic in moment

Sure Thank you very much . Will see the photo and reply to your query.

Ok where is the paper clip icon?
Now i see it
This is painful when in shoes and burns at night in bed. But doesn't hurt when walking bare foot

Thank you very much for the photo sent.

do you get any discharge from the area?

do you have any history of swelling in the toe with redness ?

No discharge. No blood at all and no history of swelling. I am a very fit lady. As i said, I thought it was a blister initially.
I don't smoke. I exercise reguarly. I eat healthy food.
I need to go to sleep soon. I get up very early for work. I am travelling overseas on Monday so really just wondering if you think a visit to GP can wait a week. I am okay dealing with the pain.
Ok I am now going to sleep. I will go see my GP when I get back from overseas.
No need to respond.

Thank you for your reply.

I am sorry as i had network issues.

This looks like Keratoacanthoma

This would need treatment from a Dermatologist and Not a general physician.

I would strongly recommend you get a skin biopsy done as the lesion is there since 3 months and now a non healing ulcer like lesion .

Please do get back to me in case of any further queries.

There is no problem to wait for a week however , a biopsy from the site or a non invasive dermascopy test would be the correct way ahead.

Please do this within a month at least

. You can safely travel for now

Please note that you need to visit a Dermatologist for this and not a GP