Dermatology

Dermatology questions? Ask an online dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

My penis and butthole itch. No ma'am

Customer Question
My penis and butthole...

My penis and butthole itch

Doctor's Assistant: Is this your first time reaching out for information about this?

Yes

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No ma'am

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Dermatology
10/4/2017
Dermatologist: Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor replied 10 months ago
Dr. Muneeb Ali

Welcome to JA and thanks for this question. Im sorry to hear about your symptoms. Can i ask do you have any rashes in the area? How long have you had these symptoms?

Since you seem to be offline, ill leave a response here which we can discuss later on

Usually itching of this sort can be due to a fungal infection and that can manifest itself with itching in the beginning and later on cause a rash in the region. Usually you can treat this with the help of OTC antihistamines like zyrtec or claritin. These can be helpful in reducing the symptoms. The other thing which you can try is to use OTC calamine lotion which can also help in reducing the itching.

Additionally you can apply OTC clortrimazole cream on the area which will help treat any potential fungal infections like jock itch. You can also use jock itch Lotrimin sprays to help with these symptoms.

Do you have any more questions?

Please leave a POSITIVE rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do i am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating. You can also ask questions from me directly by going on the link below,

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-muneeb-ali/

Would you like to know anything else? Any clarifications or additional questions that you might have, i would be happy to answer them for you. If done for now, please remember to leave a positive rating as that is the only way we are compensated for our time spent helping you. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the rating.