Dermatology

Dermatology questions? Ask an online dermatologist.

Ask a Doctor,

I just retired and on Medicare. i can't get rid of head lice…

Customer Question
I just retired and...

I just retired and on Medicare. i can't get rid of head lice i have done everything i know of,spent a lot of money, my daughter cut my hair real short as a last resort. I have washed everything in hot water changed mattress sprayed my house,etc. i have reached my limit. i am not a nasty person. can you please help???

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this? Is there anything in particular that makes your head feel worse or better?

A few years. i would use over the counter meds thinking they were gone and of course they were not. i worked with kids at school never thinking i would catch them. i have never had anything i could not get rid of. i have a granddaughter that i cannot be around because they are so contageous

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

This has caused so much stress on me that my blood pressure is hi & hard to regulate. This is really taking its toll

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Dermatology
10/2/2017
Dermatologist: DocPhilMD, Doctor replied 10 months ago
DocPhilMD
DocPhilMD, Doctor

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

are you sure you still have it?

have you seen them?